Fire smokes out Port Lincoln prawn trawler

A prawn trawler at Lincoln Cove marina suffered smoke damage when a dehumidifier caught fire early Saturday morning.

Three MFS appliances were called to South Quay Boulevard at 2.39am after a prawn trawler was found to be filled with black smoke.

Firefighters used breathing apparatuses and thermal imaging cameras to find the fire, located in the freezer hold, and quickly put it out.

The dehumidifier was destroyed and the vessel suffered smoke damage.