Mallee Park Football Club is appealing to the South Australian National Football League to overturn the disqualification its B grade team.
The club was informed last Tuesday that its B grade team had been disqualified for playing an unregistered player in its first semi final win against Wayback on September 2.
However Mallee Park president Warren Clements said the club had communicated with the Port Lincoln Football League before the match and got a response back saying the player was eligible.
The club has lodged a notice of investigation for the SANFL to look into the circumstances and is awaiting a result.
A result is expected by close of business tomorrow.
If the ban stands Wayback will play in this weekend’s preliminary final against Marble Range.
Mr Clements said this situation would be weighing on the minds of the players when they should be concentrating on getting prepared for the match.
The Port Lincoln Football League declined to comment.