MALLEE Park’s Barry Johncock Junior has been banned from playing football for life for a second time following a tribunal hearing this week.
Mr Johncock was given a three-match suspension by the tribunal on Tuesday night for a high tackle in last weekend’s A grade semi-final against Wayback.
Port Lincoln Football League operations manager Robyn Rowsell said Mr Johncock had been reported, given a three-match suspension and de-registered.
“It’s not our place to say whether that decision is right or wrong,” she said.
Under the Australian Football League Deregistration Policy any player suspended for 16 games will have a lifetime ban.
At the time, the South Australian National Football League tribunal warned Mr Johncock that should he subsequently be suspended at any level he would be deregistered without any further right of appeal.