Green Light are looking for a Azure cloud engineer on contract to join our team based in Canberra. Must hold NV1 security clearance
- Proactive Customer Engagement - Understand and support their key solutions, workloads, and priorities on Azure including regular engagement on trend analysis, proactive monitoring, and event planning.
- Engineering Engagement - Relentlessly champion and advocate driving product feedback, feature requests to address customer pain points and improve Azure resiliency.
- Actively craft and implement innovative Azure cloud solutions with Microsoft technologies for clients
- Assist in defining technological standards in Azure environments
- Be involved in the entire project cycle from analysing requirements to crafting tasks, facilitate designs, build, test and provide operational documentation
- Design Microsoft Azure solutions that meet customer’s technical, security, and business requirements for modern workloads
- Work with our customers to assess the technical feasibility for moving workloads to Azure
- Undertake professional and technical reviews to ensure that your client has the best solution for their technical, security, and business needs
- Demonstrated understanding of the Information Technology (IT) industry – specifically related to the Australian Defence & Government community including concepts, functions and roles
- Strategic Project Execution - Own project-level Azure issues and actively drive them towards resolution whilst ensuring support and engineering readiness for key milestones.
- Critical Problem Resolution - Lead Azure Support to drive fast mitigation of issues impacting critical workloads and provide timely communication
- Case Ownership - Directly own a subset of customer support cases end to end. Deliver a great customer support experience. Continuously grow Azure technical skills.
- RCA Ownership - Own and drive the timely delivery of quality root cause analysis (RCA) to understand and prevent future occurrence of reported issues.
- Experience in the following technologies is mandatory for this role:
- Experience: 5+ years of demonstrated IT experience supporting and troubleshooting enterprise level, mission-critical applications resolving highly complex issues/situations and driving technical resolution across cross-functional organizations. At least 3+ yrs. of cloud experience.
- Excellent Communication: Must have the ability to empathize with customers and convey confidence. Able to explain highly technical issues to varied audiences. Able to prioritize and advocate customer’s needs to the proper channels. Take ownership and work towards a resolution.
- Education: Desired Degree in Computer Science/Technology, Engineering or Equivalent Experience. Certification in Microsoft and/or other Cloud Technologies.
- Customer Obsessed: Passion for customers and focus on delivering the right customer experience.
- Learner Mindset: Openness and ability to learn new skills and technologies in a fast-paced environment.
- Technical Skills: Deep understanding of cloud computing technologies with demonstrated hands-on experience in one or more of the following domains:
- Azure Core IaaS: Compute, Storage, Networking, High Availability
- Data Platform and Bigdata: Azure SQL DB, HDInsight/Hadoop, Machine Learning, Azure Synapse, Azure Data Factory, Databricks, Cosmos DB
- Azure PaaS Services: Redis Cache, Service Bus, Event Hub, Cloud Service, IoT suite, Mobile Apps, etc.
- Containers and container orchestration platforms: Docker, Kubernetes, AKS
- Identity and Authentication: SSO/Federation, AD/Azure AD, ADFS, etc.
Proficiency in one or more scripting languages (PowerShell, Python, C#, Open Source)
If this sound like you please apply firstname.lastname@example.org
Green Light is one of Australia's most successful and fastest growing IT services businesses. We offer a wide range of IT services in Security, infrastructure and Systems Integration to a diverse customer base throughout Australia, New Zealand, SE Asia and Europe