Your new company
This state government entity provides firefighting, rescue, HAZMAT and Emergency Medical Response services in areas of metropolitan Melbourne and major regional centres throughout Victoria.
Your new role
The new Communications & Media Officer will:
- Manage delivery of flagship publications in digital and hard copy
Perform Media Advisor duties, including On-Call Media Officer on a roster basis as determined by Director, Media & Communications
- Manage content for intranet, website and social media channels
- Provide advice on internal communications strategy to ensure it meets current and future business needs
- Responsible for departments annual budget reporting, including Profit and Loss, tracking areas of spend, monitoring and addressing potential for overspend, forecasting and budget formulation
- The primary liaison for internal stakeholders regarding management of agenda, including liaison regarding presentation content, tone, collation, delivery of meeting outputs and actions to ensure smooth running of meetings
What you'll need to succeed Tertiary qualifications in Communications, Media or Public Relations At least three years working experience in a media and or communications position Experience in desk top publishing and database management Excellent stakeholder engagement, both internal and external
What you'll get in return
An opportunity to work for a fast space, exciting state government entity working on exciting projects, in return for an attractive remuneration package and additional compensation for on call hours.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
LHS 297508 #2642869