- Excellent opportunity for an Accountant ready to take ownership as an FM
- Contact Jean Carlo Ramirez at email@example.com
About Our Client
Our client is a family property development company, develops and manages its own property portfolio of industrial/commercial/retail and recreational assets.
Its most prominent development and asset is CISAC (Canberra International Sport and Aquatic Centre) in Bruce, ACT.
The position will manage small office team for the day to day office together with the book keeping. You will report to the Directors. Collectively, with guidance from the General Manager/Directors, you will be responsible for managing the financial performance and position of the various entities, maximising revenue and containing costs.
You will be responsible for the daily administration of the office. This would include Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Daily Bank Reconciliations. Together with long term budgets and comparison reporting.
- Supervision of accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, and other related functions.
- Develop budgets and forecasts with detailed reporting for the separate divisions
- Monthly and quarterly group management reporting
- Manage all statutory reporting and compliance for the group, including BAS, PAYG, payroll tax and superannuation and other associated requirements
- Prepare, monitor and communicate KPI metrics that measure the performance of the various depots
- Further develop the in-house accounting function by reviewing and improving processes and procedures where possible
- Drive corporate governance from an executive level
- Annual preparation of draft financial statements and supporting workpapers for external accountants.
- Review, analysis and reporting on cost savings and efficiencies across the business.
The Successful Applicant
- 5+ years' experience in an accounting environment.
- Must be experienced and comfortable in working towards deadlines and managing a variety of tasks at any one time.
- Strong problem solving skills and demonstrated resourcefulness will be highly regarded.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- A commitment to providing a high level of customer service to both internal and external customers of the Finance team.
- Experience in managing key relationships with non-finance professionals.
- Demonstrated skills and knowledge of Xero and (preferable legacy MYOB) as essential for this role
What's on Offer
On offer for your hard work you will have the opportunity to take your career to the next level in an energetic and fast-paced team. Also on offer are the following:
- Career development pathway
- Excellent salary package
- Great location
How to contact us
If you currently looking for opportunities and feel this role is right for you please contact us via email or phone.
If you feel this role might not be best suited to your skillset however would like to have a confidential discussion on your career please get in touch.