Our client is currently seeking an experienced IT Security Officer to join an ongoing project delivering operational capabilities to our clients. The successful candidate will work with the projects current Solutions Architect and Program Manager to maintain and iterate the current rolling PICTA. To review, advise and deliver security guidance to the project security team, and to integrate with the projects Solutions Architect to deliver enduring reporting to the client Technical Authority during formal reviews.
Applicants must have the ability to operate as part of a tight-knit, multi-disciplinary team working closely with the client on a rewarding project. This role will work closely with the project team whilst also working independently on the development and delivery of the solution.
- Provide support to the Security Architect.
- Assist with the discovery and definition of security controls.
- Review and assess security impacts and guide the development of a secure solution.
- Coordinate with technical staff to engineer solutions to security issues.
- Monitor the development of system components to verify they comply with security principles.
- Develop security documentation to inform the accreditation process in accordance with DSPF and ISM requirements.
- Assisting with the establishment of security architecture and technologies with a focus on developing, evaluating, and critiquing designs and integration approaches and articulating complex technical designs into requirements.
- Assessing cyber security risks and designing and implementing solutions to provide effective security controls in traditional ICT and operational technology (OT) environments.
- Working to authorise and maintain large and complex infrastructure projects and systems in alignment with Commonwealth security policies and processes.
- Deep understanding of Essential 8 and conformance with ISM requirements.
- Fundamental experience operating within Government secure environmental constraints.
- Experience working within the AWS and Azure PROTECTED cloud space and understanding of the ACSC cloud assessment and authorisation framework.
- A deep understanding of the security life cycle and security incident management.
- Experience with infrastructure as code environments.
- Knowledge of network monitoring and security monitoring platforms.
- Proven ability to work independently, and across a medium sized team.
- Proven ability to work to a project schedule and achieve successful client-focused outcomes.
- Demonstrable experience proving a customer focus and passion for delivery.
- Excellent communication and reporting skills.
- Ability to conduct research, as well as rapidly learn new concepts and tasks, with a view of improving technical knowledge and skills.
Location and Contract Term
This role is based in Canberra (open to remote) with an estimated start date as soon as possible for 12 months with extensions possible.
Applicants must be Australian Citizens who hold current NV1 security clearance or higher.
How to Apply
Please upload your resume to apply. Applications close Thursday 2 June at 5pm. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates. Call Connie Bellam on 0480 002 453 for any further information.