Your new company
Our client is a leading manufacturing organisation in Queensland, that strives to provide exceptional service, quality products and opportunities across their branches for their valued staff. Due to their rapid growth they require a passionate Payroll Officer to join their team on the Gold Coast. This position will require a high level of attention to detail, strong communication skills and the ability to work in a high-volume environment. This company has a strong reputation with a long-term strategy in place looking for the right person to lead their payroll team.
Your new role
Reporting to the HR Manager, you will be accountable for the full Payroll function in a weekly and fortnightly process for multiple entities. Your duties include but are not limited too;
- Maintain all payroll data, files, and personal information in accordance with privacy legislation
- Maintain, and reconcile payroll accounts and provide reporting analysis to the management team
- Ensuring all employees are paid correctly and on time
- Processing of payroll tax, superannuation, deduction payments, STP reporting etc
- Preparation of several company payrolls using various ledgers on weekly and fortnightly cycles
- Preparing and maintaining templates for bank payments through Electronic Funds Transfer
- Interpreting various Enterprise Bargaining Agreements
- Processing award additions/deductions and reconcile where necessary
- Data entry for new employees
- Processing leave payments, termination notice or redundancies as required
- Assist with other ad-hoc payroll tasks
What you'll need to succeed
To be considered for this role, you will have proven experience operating as a Payroll Officer within a fast-paced, high volume organisation. You will need to have good computer literacy and numerical data processing speed and accuracy, knowledge of manual and computerised payroll systems and a time and attendance software, developed communication skills, interpersonal skills, a great attitude, and strong work ethic. Experience in Sage Micropay would be highly regarded.
What you'll get in return
Our client has a reputable name in their field, with a strong connection to their company values and a passion for their employees. This is a rare opportunity to be part of a Gold Coast organisation with a driven and hardworking team. This is a permanent position allowing you to develop your professional experience and receive a competitive salary package. If you motivated, focused, enjoy a diverse workload and love a challenge, don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role and meet all of the mentioned criteria above please click 'apply now' or to forward an up-to-date copy of your resume to Moanna.Yates@hays.com.au or call Moanna Yates, Business Manager at Hays Accountancy and Finance on 07 5571 0751.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position or interested in temporary assignments, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
LHS 297508 #2581712