- Relocate to the beautiful tropics of Cairns!
- Opportunity for professional growth and career progression
- Create high-quality content that engages readers
Do you have a strong passion for journalism? Are you an independent worker and comfortable to chase down fresh leads to uncover great stories? Relocate to the beautiful Cairns, where the weather is warm all year round and create high-quality content that engages readers
What’s the role?
- Identify and develop stories across a range of topics that are relevant and engaging for the local community
- Produce engaging, accurate and clean copy
- Develop stories from the concept stage to their digital publication
- Drive subscription growth for the digital masthead and increase traffic to the website
- Lead and inspire digital content through story development of the highest quality
- Use data analytics to find new trends and track what content is performing online. Use that information to deliver stories that inspire, inform and engage the community
- Build genuine connections across local businesses, sports teams, political leaders, families and citizens
- Drive your own ideas for engaging digital content
- Harness the many storytelling tools that digital has to offer (interactives, video, graphics)
Who are you?
- Previous writing and newsroom experience would be ideal
- Ideally you already have a network from the local community
- Fantastic interviewing skills and a natural curiosity that drives you to discover the stories that will make an impact
- A stickler for detail and excellent spelling and grammar
- CMS, SEO and Social media experience
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, deadline driven work environment
- Passionate about advocating and being the voice of the local community
What’s in it for you?
- Collaborative environment
- Opportunity to innovate, challenge the norm and pioneer the way forward
- Variety of work where no two days are the same
- Make a difference as part of Australia’s most influential media organisation
Who are we?
Cairns Post is a 139-year-old iconic brand that continues to deliver local news and information to its readers. It remains constantly in touch with readers and advertisers, looking for ways to make Cairns’ biggest daily newspaper even better.
It’s big on advocating for the local community and is an integral and trusted part of the daily lives of everyone in this bustling regional city. It is also a major partner to advance business and industry in the region.
Apply now or for more information on careers at News Corp Australia visit www.newscorpaustralia.com/careers
Diversity strengthens our national teams and newsroom as we seek to tell stories that represent the communities of Australia. Our people make us unique, and so we are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability or gender identity. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply!