Role: Pre-kindergarten Teacher
Location: Centenary Heights
Centre: Goodstart Centenary Heights
Employment Type: Full-time or part-time
Are you looking to work in an environment with like-minded professionals who are committed to making a difference in children’s lives and work for an organisation that will support you to succeed?
At Goodstart, we’re all about laying the foundation for better lives through amazing early learning experiences, and we know that we can’t do that without great people like you!
From our centre directors to teachers and centre teams, we work together to make a real difference for children in those crucial early years.
Safety, health and wellbeing are more than just words to us, they are a personal commitment and a promise we make to our children, our families and each other every day.
We’re Goodstart – a not-for-profit with a vision for Australia’s children to have the best possible start in life.
As a teacher at Goodstart Centenary Heights you’ll inspire a love of learning in children and foster their development through purposeful, intentional teaching practices that are delivered with creativity and energy. You will build meaningful relationships with families, so each child has a strong sense of belonging that supports them to thrive. Your love of teaching will be reflected in how you mentor and guide educational practices in your room, and in your work with the broader centre leadership team to develop, review, and implement high-quality early learning programs, to ensure you’re achieving optimal outcomes for children.
About Goodstart Centenary Heights
Purpose-built and architecturally designed, Goodstart Centenary Heights offers state-of-art facilities and resources for children of all ages. The outdoor play spaces provide a variety of nature-based play opportunities including a beautiful, natural senior play space featuring water play, sandpits, outdoor yarning circle, sensory paths and quiet outdoor spaces to explore.
What Goodstart can offer you
- Comprehensive Teacher Professional Program
- Paid Parental Leave
- 2 x Wellbeing Days per year
- Purchased Additional Leave
- Job security and stability
- Professional development and training
- Competitive above award rates ranging from $33-$51/hour + super
- Opportunity to purchase additional annual leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Uniform allowance
- Early Learning Centre discounts (from 15-30%)
- Part-time or full-time position
- Must be available to work Monday and Tuesday
- Set shifts: 8am to 4:30pm
- Approved bachelor degree in early childhood education or ACECQA approved equivalent
- Blue card or an Exemption Card with QLD Teachers Registration (Registration preferred but not essential)
- Up to date Professional Teachers Accreditation
- First Aid qualification
How to apply
- Click ‘Apply Now’ and submit your application
We review applications as they are submitted. We encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible for your best chance to progress to the next stage of the process.
Supporting our people and protecting our children
We are an equal opportunity employer that is proud of our inclusive and diverse work environment. We support and encourage individual growth and strong teams made up of Goodstarters from diverse cultures, backgrounds and experiences.
We are deeply committed to Reconciliation and creating an environment where Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People feel connected and a strong sense of belonging. By weaving Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander perspectives through all that we do, we aim to build knowledge and deeper cultural awareness and understanding of our First Nations people and culture for all.