Mallee Park chalk up third win after Mortlock Shield

MALLEE PARK chalked up their third straight win on Saturday, keeping their culture, tradition and history in place of that well known adage "after Mortlock".

Having smashed the Roosters and a then taking a tough win over Marble Range, with power and precise ball movement for the most part, Barry Johncock and Dean Miller kicked six goals each in their 102-point win over the Boston Tigers on Saturday.

There were several changes a foot when the Peckers' Harry Miller started at full forward to take on Boston's Jack Shanley, a regular forward, and Nathan Bryant faced off against Mallee Park's ruckman Kaithule Williams.

SIX: Barry Johncock Jnr kicked six goals for the Peckers in their win.

SIX: Barry Johncock Jnr kicked six goals for the Peckers in their win.

In the first quarter the moves by the Tigers did have impact with the Peckers leading by only nine points at the first change.

The Peckers got off to a good start with three unanswered goals through Barry Johncock Jnr and number eight Dean Miller with the first two of his six goals.

Jeremy Jackamarra added the fourth unanswered goal to go with their three points to the Tigers' one lone point by the 15th minute mark while the Tigers failed to hit targets up forward, having gone into their forward 50 10 times with the Pecker back half mopping up at will.

The Tigers' Daniel Harris, from a free kick and 50 metres, took full advantage of the "bump" to register their first goal, and a clearance by Wyatt Tiller and Tom Whitehair saw Mitchell Harris goal.

A third goal from Jack Jacobs saw the Tigers back in the game, as were their supporters when they closed the 25-point lead to nine by the first change.

The second saw Harry Miller on the ball with Barry Johncock at full forward and Larsen Clements in the ruck, with Kaithule Williams going to half back, and from that point on it was all Peckers as they out ran, out played and took over the game with Kynan Betts, Dean Miller and Jordan Ware turning it on and the the old firm of Harry Miller and Barry Johncock turning back the clock once again to lead the charge to kick 18 goals over the next three quarters to the Tigers' three.

The supporters on Pecker Hill showed their approval once again with the car horns in chorus as their team ran in support of players winning the hard ball contest and then spreading with superior leg speed.

Kenneth Davey and Jordan Ware continually broke through the lines and a special mention to interchange player Aiden Coulthard who made the most of his chances with his crumbing of the loose ball.

For the Tigers, their leadership group of Michael Franklin and Christian Dorward (two goals) worked tirelessly.

The big men Sunny Singh and Nathan Bryant worked overtime, keeping up with the pace of the game while Jack Jacobs, Austin Miller and Daniel Harris were breaking even.

Special mention to Dominic Papazoglov for his strong marks in the last line of defence and Jake Nicholls, Harry Carslake and Aron Redman never gave up under a full out head-on attack by the Peckers.

The league will have this weekend off as the state country carnival takes place at Port Pirie and the Kinlough Cup under 17 carnival will be played at Wudinna.

Round nine will resume on Saturday, July 13 with Mallee Park playing Wayback at Mallee Park, Marble Range taking on Tasman at Wangary and Lincoln South playing Boston at Centenary.