Charlton into grand final


Tod River 10/179 def by Charlton 7/180

TOD River took on Charlton at Dorward for a spot in the grand final, winning the toss and electing to bat.

Jamie Treagus and Paul Bell had a great start with an opening partnership of 119 before Bell was dismissed by Marcus Sarunic for 31 and Adam Davey followed for zero next ball. 

Treagus found the middle with ease on his way to 81 before he was dismissed just before drinks by Nick Wright to be 3/127.

After drinks the tide continued to turn as Sarunic rolled through the River lineup to end up with 7/15. Wright chipped in 2/49. Tod River set a target of 180.

Charlton opened with Marcus Sarunic and David Goddard who got off to a quick start before Sarunic was dismissed for 12. 

Matt Woods and Dylan Dunn did not hang around and Mason Kutchel went out to steady the ship with David Goddard. They made it to drinks with a 73-run partnership before falling in quick succession for 34 and 49.

With 62 to win, Nick Wright and Ryan Sarunic put on a 47-run partnership before Sarunic was dismissed.

Michael Secker joined Wright and they chipped away until Wright was dismissed by Treagus with just two runs needed. Craig Chatfield made easy work of the final runs. Best bowling for Tod River was Paul Bell with 3/34 and Tristan Mallard 2/37.


Wayback 10/137 lost to Charlton 2/140

Wayback won the toss on Sunday and elected to bat. 

Shanley struck in the fourth over to remove Campbell. Parson hit Strudwick for a couple of boundaries but was bowled by a Cottrell yorker. Wickets continued to flow for Charlton with Cottrell striking again and Yancic joining the action. 

When Humphries picked up two quick ones Wayback were in trouble at 6/59 and desperately needed a partnership. Newman and Sargent stepped up but then Newman was bowled by Shanley, trying to take him downtown, leaving Sargent stuck with the tail.

He batted aggressively, hitting Shanley, Tokarski and Strudwick for boundaries and moving the score along to 137 before Yancic (4/14) cleaned him and the tail up.

Gooder and Gray set out to face Stockham and Kayser. The pair started slowly but surely and when Kayser could not finish his over due to a groin injury Newman put himself in to the attack.

Ekert came on at the other end, to no avail as Gooder and Gray put on 49 for the first wicket before Patrick Newman had Gray caught off a full toss. 

Gooder and Murphy kept the score ticking until Murphy was out LBW. Gooder finished unbeaten on 60 and Yancic was 19 not out.