Tigers charge to the finals | PHOTOS

Western United will take momentum into the Far West football finals following a 50-point success against Koonibba on Saturday.

The Tigers proved too strong as they secured a 14-11 (95) to 6-9 (45) result in the final round of the regular season.

When the sides last met in late June the match ended in a thrilling draw, however the Tigers started this match well and did not let up.

They kicked the only three goals of the opening term to lead by 18 points at the first break, with the teams each registering three majors in the second quarter for the margin to remain the same heading into half-time.

Western United made their move in the third quarter as they extended the lead to 64 points, taking the Roosters out of contention with seven goals to one behind.

Koonibba had the better of the final term with three goals but it was too late.

Leading the charge for Western United was Tyler Dunn with five goals and Tom Woods with three.

Swayne Day booted two goals for the Roosters.

The teams will meet again in the finals with a grand final position on the line.

Thevenard finished in third position thanks to a 14-17 (101) to 8-7 (55) triumph over the fourth-placed Blues.

The Magpies pulled clear after half-time to take the victory by 46 points.

Thevenard had the better of the first quarter thanks to late goals from Brenton Mullan and Dom Denton to lead by 14 points.

The visitors had eight scoring shots to three in the second term but inaccurate kicking ensured the lead was only extended to 19 by half-time.

The Blues reduced the gap to six points with quickfire third-quarter goals only to be met by a Thevenard onslaught which took the game out of their reach.

Five successive goals gave the Magpies a 39-point advantage.

The Blues did not go down quietly as they kicked three of the first four goals in the final term to have a sniff of a comeback, only for Thevenard to slam the door shut with a Denton goal and two more for Mullan.

Denton finished with four goals and Mullan three, with Jarrad Trowbridge also kicking three goals.

Thomas Clayton, Matthew Grimshaw and Brendan Kloeden kicked two apiece for the Blues.

The teams will meet again to start the finals series.

Western United got the better of Koonibba by 39 points in the B grade.

Peter Dobbins kicked five goals as it ended 12-5 (77) to 6-2 (38).

The Tigers dominated the opening three quarters to lead by 58 points at three-quarter-time, before Koonibba kicked four goals to one to reduce the final margin.

A big final quarter helped the Blues to a 9-13 (67) to 2-5 (17) win over Thevenard.

The Blues were in command in the opening half, but Thevenard reduced the gap to 20 points by the final change.

Five goals to two behinds sealed a 50-point victory.

This story Tigers charge to the finals | PHOTOS first appeared on West Coast Sentinel.