Tumby Bay hay shed fire causes $120,000 damage

The Country Fire Service has warned a fire that burnt a shed and 1900 hay bales near Tumby Bay on Saturday is expected to produce smoke for the next few days.

CFS crews were called to a rural property off White River Road, south of Tumby Bay following a report of a fire burning in a 40 x 20 metre shed.

Tumby Bay, White Flat, Koppio, North Shields and Lincoln brigades responded sending six fire trucks and two bulk water carriers.

Crews were assisted by farm fire units.

The fire was contained to the shed and is unlikely to spread or pose any danger to the community.

The CFS warn the fire is expected to continue producing smoke for the next few days.

The fire caused an estimated $120,000 in damage with 1900 hay bales burnt in the blaze.

Spontaneous combustion is believed to be the cause of the fire.

CFS resources, supported by farm fire units will remain on the scene to try to fully extinguish the fire.

Comments