The state's oldest operating steam engine, which served in the Port Lincoln division for several decades, made its debut on the Pichi Richi Railway on Sunday.
The engine is best known in Port Lincoln for being the train in the 'train playground' in Hermitage Park for 20 years before it was given to the Pichi Richi Railway Preservation Society in Quorn to be restored by volunteers.
After 10 years of rebuilding and two years of testing, the Yx141 officially joined the fleet at the Pichi Richi Railway to head trains carrying passengers around the Pichi Richi pass.
Originally built in 1892 as the Y141 and then rebuilt in 1923 as the Yx141, the train served in Port Lincoln from 1927 until retirement in 1963.
The debut was marked with reduced fares and trips from the Quorn Railway Station to the summit.