Comeback seals first Blues win | PHOTOS

A fantastic fourth quarter revival against Thevenard on Saturday has ensured the Blues a first Far West football A grade win this season.

Trailing by 19 points at three-quarter time, the Blues romped home with six goals in the final term to win 14-14 (98) to 13-7 (85).

Thevenard enjoyed the better of the opening two quarters at Smoky Bay.

They booted five goals to two in the first term to lead by 17 points and extended that margin by half-time thanks to another five-goal display in the second quarter.

Leading by a comfortable 37 points at the main break the Magpies could sense a second victory in 2019 was forthcoming, yet they did not count on a Blues turnaround.

The home side started the revival in the third quarter and were relentless in their pursuit as they kept the Thevy defenders under constant pressure - however the margin may have been closer at the final break if not for six behinds.

Nonetheless, momentum was with the Blues and led by the impressive Thomas Clayton, five goals, they completed the comeback with six majors in the final quarter to Thevenard's one.

The Blues had 20 scoring shots after half-time to Thevenard's five, underlining their dominance in the 13-point success.

Three Blues players kicked two goals - Trevor Peel, Dion Paues and Jaxon Bennett - to assist Clayton, while Jarrad Trowbridge grabbed four for the Magpies and Dom Denton kicked three goals.

Elsewhere, Western United added to its unbeaten start with a 100-point thrashing of Koonibba at Penong.

Led by nine Jarden Stoetzer goals and six from Tom Woods, the Tigers raced clear in the early stages on their way to a 24-11 (155) to 8-7 (55) result.

A Westies cyclone blew through in the opening quarter and before the Roosters knew what hit them, they trailed by 51 points at quarter-time.

Koonibba could manage just a point in the first term and while the visitors kicked three goals in the second quarter they were again outscored by the Tigers.

The hosts enjoyed another punishing quarter in the third term as they piled on eight goals to two, extending the lead to 90 points by the final break.

Western United added insult to injury by taking the margin to triple figures by the end of the match.

Royden Miller was the only Koonibba player to kick multiple goals, finishing with a pair.

In the B grade, Thevenard had trouble finding the middle yet still defeated the Blues by 17 points.

The Blues were kept scoreless in two quarters as the Magpies claimed a 3-13 (31) to 2-2 (14) victory.

Thevenard dominated from the outset yet could not make it count on the scoreboard in the first quarter, only converting one of six scoring shots.

The Blues did get off the mark in the second term with two behinds as Thevenard extended the lead to 17 points by half-time.

The home side hit back with two goals to one in the third quarter, however the Magpies saw out the contest as neither side added to their goal tally in the fourth quarter.

Matthew Hillas led with two goals for Thevenard.

Koonibba powered home in the final quarter to defeat Western United by 26 points.

The lead changed throughout a tight contest, before the Roosters pulled clear to win 9-6 (60) to 5-4 (34).

Both teams kicked a solitary goal apiece in the first term to see Koonibba lead by a point, which was extended to six at half-time.

Western United hit back with two goals to two behinds in the third quarter which opened a six-point lead at three-quarter time.

However, Koonibba made certain of victory with a fine display at both ends in the final quarter - keeping the home side scoreless as well as booting five goals.

Kevin Penny kicked three majors and teammate Roy Day added two, while Jack Moritz kicked two for Western United.

This story Comeback seals first Blues win | PHOTOS first appeared on West Coast Sentinel.