Three premierships for West Coast as the Hawks secure a first A grade premiership since 2014

West Coast put four seasons of grand final pain behind them to win the Mid West Football League A grade decider against Wudinna United at Elliston on Saturday.

The dominant side throughout the season, the Hawks cruised to a 103-point win as the match ended 20-24 (144) to 6-5 (41).

Braden Holmes led the way in front of goal with five majors, while Mark Dolling added four and Jess Kenny - who was awarded the P.A Matthews Medal as the best on ground - kicked three.

Magpies player Izaac Boylan kicked two goals.

The Hawks were hoping to put the ghosts of past grand finals to the side and came out firing with seven goals in the opening quarter to Wudinna's three.

West Coast kept the Magpies scoreless in the second term while adding a further four goals to already put the match out of reach with an 62-point advantage.

There was further pain for Wudinna once play resumed as the Hawks piled on seven goals to one in a punishing third term to take the lead up to 96 points.

It went past the 100-point mark in the fourth term as both teams added two goals, with the Hawks securing a ninth premiership since 1999.

The win capped a magnificent day for the Hawks as they also took out the B grade grand final with a 20-point triumph over Wirrulla.

West Coast got the better of last year's premiers to win a first title since 2013 with a 6-11 (47) to 4-3 (27) result.

The Bombers grabbed the only goal in a tight first term as the Hawks went scoreless, however that turned in the second quarter as Wirrulla failed to add to its tally and West Coast booted four goals.

Wirrulla came charging back in the third term with three goals to trail by two points at the final break, with the Hawks unable to add to their total.

The Hawks used the conditions to their advantage in the final term in keeping Wirrulla scoreless and adding two goals at the other end to celebrate.

Jay Johns won the L.W Feltus Medal for the best on ground.

Nathan Johnson kicked two goals for the Hawks and was matched by Wirrulla duo Craig Johnson and Shane Pittaway.

The colts grand final went the same way as West Coast continued its junior domination by downing Wirrulla by 38 points.

The 12-15 (87) to 7-7 (49) result sealed the Hawks' fourth successive colts crown.

Liam Buckley did the business in front of goal with three majors, while Oscar Williams and Jay J Johns added two apiece - as did Wirrulla's Fraser Gum and Zac Watson.

Johns was named the player of the match and won the M.L O'Brien Medal.

After an even first quarter in which the Bombers led by a solitary point, West Coast pushed clear in the second term with four goals to two behinds.

That gave the Hawks a 26-point advantage heading into the second half.

The margin was four goals at the final break after both teams added two majors in the third term.

West Coast finished the job in the fourth quarter with three goals to two, sealing the premiership.

This story Hawks end premiership drought as club celebrates superb day | PHOTOS first appeared on West Coast Sentinel.