Desert Rose, the bus that provides government services to rural communities, is operating on the Eyre Peninsula this month.
Centrelink, Medicare and Child Support services will be made available to rural towns in our region from September 17 to 25.
Member for Grey Rowan Ramsey said staff will also be able to direct customers to the Rural Financial Counselling Service where appropriate.
"A departmental social worker will be on board, and information about Department of Veterans' Affairs programs and associated support services will also be available," he said.
"You don't need an appointment, and it's free - so anyone who needs help or has a question should visit the team aboard Desert Rose over the coming weeks."
The bus will travel to Streaky Bay, Venus Bay, Elliston, Tumby Bay and Cowell.
Desert Rose Locations:
- Streaky Bay, post office car park, Tuesday September 17, 10am to 4pm
- Venus Bay, near jetty entrance, Wednesday September 18, 9.30am to 12pm
- Elliston, near the children's centre, Wednesday September 18, 2pm to 4pm
- Tumby Bay, adjacent to the Sea Breeze Hotel, Thursday September 19, 10.30am to 4pm
- Cowell, near the Lions park, Friday September 20, 10am to 3pm