Charlton victors

A GRADE: Tim Wiseman gets a shot away for Tod River as Charlton wicket keeper Ryan Murphy looks on.
A GRADE: Tim Wiseman gets a shot away for Tod River as Charlton wicket keeper Ryan Murphy looks on.

Port Lincoln cricket


Tod River 10/180 lost to Charlton 5/182

TOD River won the toss and elected to bat at Dorward Oval, getting off to a flying start with Calderwood and O'Leary both seeing the ball well.

They notched up a good first-wicket partnership of 58 before Calderwood skied one to Fuss off the bowling of Cottrell.

Cottrell stuck again in his next over, removing Kay with a good short ball for just one.

O'Leary and George batted well and put on a good partnership that saw them through to drinks with Tod River looking comfortable at 2/115.

Charlton needed a spark to get some momentum going their way.

P. Shanley struck in the first over after drinks, removing O'Leary for a well-made 37.

George continued to make quick runs and was luckily given a lifeline thanks to the slippery fingers of J. Shanley.

Thankfully it did not haunt Charlton for too long with George dismissed by a well-taken catch by Cottrell off the bowling of Rees for 48.

Wickets began to fall with McShane and Dorward being dismissed for three and four runs respectively, suffering the same fate, both Caught J. Shanley bowled Yancic.

Hope was seeing the ball well and scoring quickly before he smashed one straight to J. Shanley off Yancic for 34.

Young Connor Madden was given the ball with great success, claiming his first A grade wicket of Coote for three.

The innings ended with Tod River posting a competitive score of 180.

Yancic was the pick of the bowlers with 4/23 off eight overs.

George was the best with the bat for Tod River, top scoring with 48.

Charlton, requiring a solid start to avoid three losses in a row, failed as Tod River struck early with George removing Westaway for a golden duck off of a great catch by T. Wiseman.

Rees did not last much longer after hitting a high one to Henderson off Dorward to be removed for 10.

Charlton's day went from bad to worse with strike batsman Cottrell hitting one straight to Coote.

At 3/26, Charlton were on the ropes. It took the experienced heads of Yancic and J. Shanley to steady the ship with both batsmen settling in for the long haul, scoring freely for 14 overs before they were tied down by some very tight bowling of T. Wiseman.

Yancic and Shanley put on a mammoth partnership of 142 before Yancic was undone by a good delivery from Henderson and was dismissed agonisingly short of a century for 99.

At 4/168, Shanley looked to finish the game fast, eventually caught in the deep by Calderwood off Henderson with Charlton just requiring one run for victory.

Charlton finished 5/182 with Yancic the best with the bat making 99 and Shanley posting a career high of 64.

Dorward and Wiseman were the pick of the bowlers for Tod River with Dorward 2/34 off 10 and Wiseman 0/12 off seven.

Tasman 5/216 def Lincoln South 10/64

Tasman won the toss and elected to bat, losing their first wicket, Jack Bunder, caught at mid-on by David Murray for 12 with the score on 13.

This brought Andrew Frick to the crease and a solid partnership followed with M. Jude; both batsmen passing 50.

Frick was the next man to go, for 55, with the score on 125.

From there the Tasman batsmen had a solid platform to launch a big score in the last 15 overs.

M. Jude went on to score 77 in a total of 5/216 from 50 overs.

Best with the ball for South was Brodie Drewitt with 3/26 off seven overs.

Nathan and Aaron Sincock took a wicket a piece.

South's batting innings got off to a poor start losing Aaron Sincock for a duck with the score on 10 and from there wickets tumbled.

Souths were bowled out for 64 in the 26th over.

Craig Reidy and Kiryn Clarke offered a little resistance, scoring 19 and 17 respectively.

South's batsmen had no answers for some disciplined bowling.

J. Jude was the best with the ball with 3/14 off six overs.


Lincoln South 5/163 def Tasman 10/159

Colts helped make up numbers in both teams - Souths had four and Tasman had six - along with a range of fill-ins due to the Test weekend, so expectations were unknown.

South's captain Bockman won the toss and elected to bat, opening the batting with stalwart Whillas.

They faced the bowling of Cody Siebert and the recently returned Jesse Cornish, who bowled into a force 10 gale.

Bockman was dropped by an athletic opposing captain at first slip third ball of the innings but it was not costly as both openers were sent back to the sheds with the score on seven.

This brought Dawson and Kollep to the wicket and they steadied the teetering ship with confident singles and picking off the bad balls.

When Dawson had his off bail dislodged by Siebert for 34, the score was 99 in the 23rd over.

Kollep's hamstring was in tatters but he was still pushing for runs on every ball and his run rate was escalating.

The oldest Fauser went to the crease to throw up a mixture of full tosses and half trackers, and his baffling array of variations had Dempsey caught and bowled, and when Siebert knocked over all of Primus' stumps the momentum swung to the bowling team.

New batsman Linn, however, had different ideas and played everything with a dead straight bat.

Tasman tried everything to break this partnership but they continued to churn out the runs.

All 10 bowlers were used in an effort to create a mistake or capture a wicket but in the last over, Kollep hit up his maiden hundred and the score landed on 5/163.

Tasman began their innings with Murdoch and Bodhi Fauser against colt Tyreese Sincock and wily ex-offspinner turned opening bowler Dawson.

Similar to South, both batsman were back in the sheds for seven but Dawe and Cody Siebert dug in for the long haul.

They scored quickly but on 50 Siebert popped one up to Dempsey off the one-legged Kollep and Dawe top-edged one just before drinks to be out for a well-made 33.

Cornish compiled 15 in his first bat for a couple of years but dished one out to point to bring warhorse and late ring-in Wilks to the crease.

He and captain Fauser took the score to 109 before Fauser's toe was smashed into the concrete directly in front of the stumps by Kollep.

The next partnership between Wilks and 11-year-old Marlie Fauser gave the batting team hope but on 139 Wilks' lofted drive did not quite travel far enough and was well-caught by Dempsey.

With the score at 7/139, the youngsters had nine overs to score 25 runs.

The Lincoln South captain brought on his colts bowlers to test themselves, and Fauser and Lydeamore compiled a steady 15 before Fauser was caught down leg side off Sincock for eight.

When Jarrah Reidy bowled Durdin for two to wrap up the innings, the score landed on 159.

Rhys Kollep made his first century and took two wickets.

Rhys Kollep made his first century and took two wickets.

Kollep's competitive streak must be applauded after completing three-quarters of a game of cricket on one leg, and to make a century and take two wickets is an incredible effort.

All 10 youngsters had an opportunity to bowl and all fared well in an intense and pressure filled adult game.

A tight win will give South a little confidence after a difficult start to the season and Tasman, who have used 19 players in three games will find out next Saturday who is available to take on ladder leaders Charlton.

Charlton 10/143 def Tod River 10/126

Charlton won the toss and batted first and after losing an early wicket, Wilsdon and Dylan Dunn batted through to drinks, cruising to 91.

Shortly after the break, Kade Mullins had Dunn out caught and bowled for 48.

Wickets continued to fall from then on, with nobody else finding double figures outside of Wilsdon.

There was a late resistance from the Lang twins, Riley and Lachlan, but eventually Charlton were all out on the last delivery of their innings for 143.

Wilsdon, 44, and Dylan Dunn, 48, were the best of the batters. Hill and Kade Mullins both picked up three wickets, while Bell chipped in with two.

Tod River made a fast start of the chase but wickets to Wilsdon slowed the pace.

When Bell fell for 23, the game was in the balance with Tod River at 4/62.

Batth kept the runs coming with the assistance of Jay Mullins, before Mullins was caught by Shaun Lang.

Hill joined Batth and the pair got within striking distance, requiring only 20 runs with five wickets in hand.

Then, Tod River happened.

Tod River lost their final five wickets for just two runs, handing Charlton a 17-run win.

Batth finished with 45 runs, while Wilsdon picked up three wickets and Lachlan Lang took two.

Southern Eyre South 9/135 lost to Wayback 10/147

Wayback won the toss and chose to bat, with Lloyd wasting no time getting the score moving with a six off the third ball.

Southern Eyre soon found their rhythm though and sparked a collapse to leave Waybacks at 4/46.

Burrows and O'Leary settled things down for Wayback and combined with some luck, they saw their side to the drinks break on 87.

Straight after the break Burrows edged one to slip and O'Leary followed 16 runs later with Wayback in some trouble at 6/103.

Some late hitting from Wright and Parsons helped Wayback reach a respectable total of 147.

Wickets were shared for Southern Eyre, with Morgan and Harry Shepperd the best with two each.

Southern Eyre got off to the worst possible start, losing 3/3 in the first three overs, including a brilliant run out by Brad Gay.

Southern Eyre put their head down and steadily ate into the total, with Laube especially punishing.

His dismissal for 23 did not stop their momentum and they gave themselves a chance, needing five an over for the last 10.

A quick flurry of wickets stalled their progress, with Eli Giddings, Christopher Pierce and Harry Shepperd falling in quick succession.

Despite Simon Giddings and Mitchell Pierce's best efforts, Southern Eyre fell 12 runs short at the end of their overs.

Nick Kleinig finished best of the bowlers for Wayback with three wickets.

The highlight of the match was the three father/son pairings playing for Southern Eyre, which was great to see.