Wayback trigger collapse

Port Lincoln cricket


Wayback 10/153 def Southern Eyre South 10/128

AFTER SES won the toss and elected to bowl, Wayback's Daw and Parsons got off to a slow start with Dunn sending Parsons off with a duck and Daw with just 16.

Campbell was also gone for a duck thanks to Barnes' bowling and Green's safe hands.

Patel and H. Newman steadied the ship with a partnership of 42, until Rowsell and Casanova combined for a run-out just before drinks.

Newman was then dismissed by Morgan with an elegant bit of bowling.

The tail end was held together by P. Newman before he was dismissed for 18.

SES sent in Smith and O'Dea who got off to a great start with a partnership of 46, before Smith was sent back to the sheds by P. Newman.

Five wickets then fell for just five runs with Billy Campbell taking four and a once in a lifetime catch.

The tail-enders looked in good form with a quick 19 by Dunn and a steady partnership building between Richardson and Barnes before SES were all out for 128.


Charlton 10/143 def Tod River 10/126

Charlton won the toss and batted first and after losing an early wicket, Wilsdon and Dylan Dunn batted through to drinks, cruising to 91.

Shortly after the break, Kade Mullins had Dunn out caught and bowled for 48.

Wickets continued to fall from then on, with nobody else finding double figures outside of Wilsdon.

There was a late resistance from the Lang twins, Riley and Lachlan, but eventually Charlton were all out on the last delivery of their innings.

Wilsdon, 44, and Dylan Dunn, 48, were the best of the batters. Hill and Kade Mullins both picked up three wickets, while Bell chipped in with two.

Tod River made a fast start of the chase but wickets to Wilsdon slowed the pace.

When Bell fell for 23, the game was in the balance with Tod River at 4/62.

Batth kept the runs coming with the assistance of Jay Mullins, before Mullins was caught by Shaun Lang.

Hill joined Batth and the pair got within striking distance, requiring only 20 runs with five wickets in hand.

Then, Tod River happened.

Tod River lost their final five wickets for just two runs, handing Charlton a 17-run win. Batth finished with 45 runs, while Wilsdon picked up three wickets and Lachlan Lang took two.

Southern Eyre South 9/135 lost to Wayback 10/147

Wayback won the toss and chose to bat, with Lloyd wasting no time getting the score moving with a six off the third ball.

Southern Eyre soon found their rhythm though and sparked a collapse to leave Waybacks at 4/46.

Burrows and O'Leary settled things down for Wayback and combined with some luck, they saw their side to the drinks break on 87.

Straight after the break Burrows edged one to slip and O'Leary followed 16 runs later with Wayback in some trouble at 6/103.

Some late hitting from Wright and Parsons helped Wayback reach a respectable total of 147.

Wickets were shared for Southern Eyre, with Morgan and Harry Shepperd the best with two each.

Southern Eyre got off to the worst possible start, losing 3/3 in the first three overs, including a brilliant run out by Brad Gay.

Southern Eyre put their head down and steadily ate into the total, with Laube especially punishing.

His dismissal for 23 did not stop their momentum and they gave themselves a chance, needing five an over for the last 10.

A quick flurry of wickets stalled their progress, with Eli Giddings, Christopher Pierce and Harry Shepperd falling in quick succession.

Despite Simon Giddings and Mitchell Pierce's best efforts, Southern Eyre fell 12 runs short at the end of their overs. Nick Kleinig was the best of Wayback's bowlers with three wickets.

The highlight of the match was the three father/son pairings playing for Southern Eyre, which was great to see.