Port Lincoln council examines playground train future

Port Lincoln City Council will look at the future of the play-train at the Train Playground after a child became trapped on Sunday.

SA Ambulance and Port Lincoln State Emergency Service volunteers were called to the playground following the report a child's head was stuck in equipment at the park.

On arrival SES volunteers were informed the child had already been extracted by a family member, he was then transported to Port Lincoln Hospital.

The council's Business Manager Infrastructure and Regulatory Services Jade Scott said the train was off limits while council investigates safety options.

"We want to make sure it's safe so we need to get a full assessment done and look at our options, whether it's modification, changes to the train itself or looking at alternative play equipment," she said.