Southern Eyre South earn top spot, Tod River earn second win


Southern Eyre South have taken top spot on the A grade ladder after defeating Charlton by three wickets at Wangary on Saturday.

Charlton went to bat and got off to a strong start with Connor Madden and Dylan Colman putting on a solid partnership, getting their team to 88 before Madden was caught by Ethan Richardson two runs short of a half century.

Colman would continue to add runs to the tally alongside Braden Frost, lasting 113 minutes before he was finally caught by Liam O'Dea for 43.

Frost would go the distance as wickets fell around him, he would be the last wicket to fall as he was caught by Damien Green in the 48th over on 42 to see Charlton all out on 161.

Best for SES with the ball was Ryan Siebert with 3/18 including three maidens and Ben Smith with 3/20 off 10 overs.

It was not long before SES lost their first wicket as Jack Shanley caught Jacob Watson out for seven, followed by Stephen Rees catching Smith for 10.

James Fuss would claim the key wicket of Roger Puckridge for three and O'Dea was caught out for 23 to see SES at 4/54. Siebert and Hamish Rowsell helped add another 56 runs before Colman dismissed Rowsell lbw for 29.

Siebert would be the difference, finishing not out on 67 with four fours and a six to lead SES past Charlton's total in the 50th over. Fuss was the best of Charlton's bowlers with 3/15.

Tod River earned their second win of the season in successive weeks after defeating Lincoln South by 62 runs at Ravendale.

Batting first Tod River were 3/28 after losing both McShanes, Wilson for nine and Todd for 8, followed by Max Coote for 4.

It would be Nick O'Leary who proved to be the difference, lasting 107 minutes and finding the boundary nine times for four as he compiled a well earned 76, when he finally fell Tod River were on 5/132.

Tod River would add another 45 runs to finish their innings on 9/177. Waylon Miller claimed 2/24 bowling for Souths.

Greg Symonds and Craig Reidy got Souths off to a good start, reaching 62 when Mason Hope caught Reidy for 36 and five runs later O'Leary caught Symonds for 26.

Souths would only add 48 more runs with Wilson McShane (4/46) and Tim Wiseman (3/12) doing the most damage. Lincoln South would finish all out on 115 in the 31st over.

It took Tasman less than an hour to defeat Wayback, earning a nine-wicket win at Centenary Oval. Billy Campbell would finish as Wayback's highest scorer with 23, followed by Dylan Vonderwall on 19.

Wayback would finish all out on 105 in the 50th over. For Tasman Andrew Frick finished on 3/13 including four maidens with other major wicket takers being Luke Strudwick (2/15), Jesse Cornish (2/20) and Brent Harris (2/32) with eight maidens between them.

Harris would lead the run chase alongside young Bodhi Fauser and with 10 boundaries, including two sixes, had Tasman in a winning position before he caught by Campbell for a well hit 68.

Fauser (23 n.o.) would see out the innings with Matt Dyer (6 n.o.) as Tasman surpassed Wayback's total in the 20th over. Darren Atkins (1/10) was Wayback's sole wicket taker.