The Eyre Peninsula Landscape Board (EPLB) is inviting people from across Eyre Peninsula to highlight the best the region has to offer with its photo competition.
Pictures featuring the region's landscapes, fresh water sources, sustainable agriculture, pest plants and animals, biodiversity and the community taking part in landscape management are the types of images EPLB want highlighted.
They are looking for the best photos that showcase Eyre Peninsula's natural beauty and the priorities highlighted by the board.
A $200 gift voucher will be awarded to the photo judged the best in each of the following categories:
- Water (relating to fresh water including creeks and wetlands, and managing water, e.g, a farm dam or creek at dusk, collecting a water sample)
- Sustainable agriculture (including general farming work such as seeding or feeding sheep)
- Pest plants and animals (for example, rabbits on your property or spraying of local weeds)
- Biodiversity (including important coastal, estuarine and inland habitats and species)
- Community (relating to people being involved in landscape management, making sure you have permission to photograph the person/s)
- Landscape/scenery (for example, a sunset photo of your farm)
Entries should focus and tell something about one of these priorities in the area of Eyre Peninsula that you live in.
Entries must be emailed to EPLBAdmin@sa.gov.au.
The competition is now open and all entries must be received by 9pm on Wednesday, June 23, 2021.
Only electronic copies of entries will be accepted and entrants must be aged 18 or over, while there is a limit of two entries per category per entrant.
For more details, and for terms and conditions, visit landscape.sa.gov.au/ep/get-involved/events/Photo_competition_2021.