Port Lincoln MFS put out car fire

BLAZE: Port Lincoln MFS firefighters put out the fire which destroyed a vehicle on Vigar Street in Port Lincoln. Photo: supplied
BLAZE: Port Lincoln MFS firefighters put out the fire which destroyed a vehicle on Vigar Street in Port Lincoln. Photo: supplied

An electrical fault is believed to have caused a fire which destroyed a vehicle in Port Lincoln on Saturday night.

At about 9.56pm on June 12, Port Lincoln MFS received a call of a vehicle fire on Vigar Street.

Two MFS appliances and eight firefighters responded and on arrival crews found the vehicle fully involved.

Firefighters managed to extinguish the fire in about 15 minutes, however the vehicle was destroyed by the blaze.

The fire was not being treated as suspicious and was believed to have been started by an electrical fault in the engine compartment which spread to the rest of the vehicle.

Want to have the biggest headlines sent your way each week? Sign up today for the weekly Port Lincoln Times newsletter here.