Twenty20 competition underway at Port Lincoln

Twenty20 competition underway at Port Lincoln

The Port Lincoln Twenty20 competition got the new cricket season underway last weekend.

The action commenced last Saturday, with Colts defeating Tasman by seven wickets in the first match at Tumby Bay Oval.

Marley Butler's 38 runs helped Colts to 3/88 in response to Tasman's 8/87 - led by 37 from Jaiden Jude - with one over to spare.

Waybacks got their cup up and running with a comfortable nine-wicket triumph against Tod River at Dorward Oval.

Darcy Wiseman top-scored with 20 as Tod River reached 7/97, before Janna Daw hit 45 from only 43 deliveries for Waybacks to reach 1/98 in response.

The third match saw Southern Eyre pick up a 48-run win against Rovers at Tumby Bay Oval.

Ben Smith was in good form as he smashed 63 from only 55 balls in Southern Eyre's 7/130, before Rovers could only manage 7/82 in the run chase.

Harry Degner opened with 29, but they lost 5/12 which hampered the cause.

Charlton then got their cup underway with a strong performance against Colts, winning by 47 runs at Mortlock Park.

There were contributors throughout their 2/148, while Colts tried hard but fell short on 4/101.

Connor Madden impressed with 55, while Ryan Cottrell added 38 from only 25 balls and Luke Yancic made 30 from 25 deliveries.

It was an uphill battle for Colts, despite Butler reaching 37 and Callan Hammond adding 22.

The final match of the day saw Rovers get on the board with a 10-run win against Tasman.

Sam Boehm's 62 and 22 from Degner led Rovers to 4/131 at Tumby Bay Oval, before Tasman fell short in a close finish on 8/121.

Andrew Frick smashed four fours and three sixes in his 49 from 26 balls, but three late wickets with the match in the balance hurt Tasman.

The action continued at Ravendale Oval on Sunday as Charlton defeated Lincoln South by 65 runs.

Dylan Colman's 37 not out was pivotal in Charlton's 8/141, before Madden and Colman took three wickets apiece as Lincoln South were bowled out for 76.

Waybacks recorded a second win with a 28-run success against Rovers.

Daw hit 54 runs in Waybacks' 7/133, before Rovers were kept to 5/105 despite 55 from Degner.

Colts hit back with a seven-wicket win against Tod River.

Their run chase was led by Luke Wilkins' run-a-ball unbeaten 49 as they made 3/109 after holding Tod River to 8/107 - with Max Coote 32 not out at the top of the order.

Rovers recovered with a successful run chase against Lincoln South.

Craig Reidy's quickfire 47 helped Lincoln South to 6/126, but Boehm could not be stopped as he hit nine fours in an unbeaten 67 to see Rovers finish on 4/130.

Sunday's final match saw Southern Eyre make it two wins from two as they got the better of Colts by 17 runs.

Smith grabbed another half-century as he made 50 in Southern Eyre's total of 7/143, before Colts fell short with 5/123 - with Butler again impressing in making 59 runs.

The third round of matches takes place on Saturday, before the semi-finals and final on Sunday, all at Ravendale Oval.